Gramma's Bentos!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Three Years Old!

It's my birthday today! *grins* I'm proud to say that I'm of 'legal' age (if you convert our age to human years) and I'm really lucky to have a loving family...=)

Thanks to everyone who was so supportive of Mom looking for a new workplace...she's kind of bummed at the moment. I'm guessing she didn't get that dream job, but not to worry...I'll always be there to do silly stuff and make her laugh! *grins* That's what I do best...heh! Also, I'm so behind on catching up with your blogs! Really sorry about that...I will try and visit as many friends as I can! So, enough of all the gloomy stuff...it's supposed to be a cool day, so I'm determined to rock this out!

Mom said since this year my birthday falls on a weekday, she made my cake during the weekend...nothing big this year, but at least there's cake! *grins*


Voila! Mom says it's not much coz she's not that creative, and as you can see...the cake frosting is a bit off. LOL! But hey, it's the thought that matters I guess...*grins* I heart the little doggie in the middle (cut out with cheesy ham...*licks lips*) with the silver baubly heart! Mom made the same cake that she made me last year, only this time she used chicken instead of beef, and made the cake smaller coz we didn't have that many doggies to share it with.


The side of the cake...cheesy ham again with my name on it! Mom wanted to put it on the top but the cake was too small, apparently...LOL!


And at the back, doggie biscuits with ham cut-outs too...


Some stuff for the humans...it's Salmon Bites (Mom got the recipe from here) and I got a wee taste too! Didn't look as nice as the original, but when served hot, it's yummy!


Me with my cake...Mom forgot to get the special candles. LOL! No biggie...I don't know how to blow it out anyways...=P


Kenji and I...he was a bit grumpy coz it wasn't his birthday yet. Haha!


And the candles were lit! Hurry up, Mom! I want some cake!!


And smiling one last time before the candles melted away...*grins*


Mom is more satisfied with the way the cake turned out this time around...it actually looks more like cake than her previous attempt last year! Now the only thing is to get the decorations down pat...haha!


So, enough talk about the cake...it's NOM NOM time! *grins*


Kenji with his cake piece...his seriousness astounds me sometimes! >.<"
Digging into the cake...I took it out of my bowl to have better access to it. Mom wasn't too happy, but meh...it's MY cake, and so I shall eat it the way I want it! *grins*


Kenji was more gentlemanly this time around...so unlike him! LOL!


Well, that's about it for now...it's still early, so there may be more surprises up ahead! *grins*

xoxo,
Scottie

30 paws to this post!:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Happy Happy 3rd. WOWY! What a pretty n for sure DELISH cake. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy 3rd Barkday!!!

That khake looks furry pawesome!

I'm sure woo had an inkhredible day!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

WayYong said...

Wow~~!!Happy birthday Scottie. I am drooling just looking at your cake.
Me turning to 3th soon end of this month. I wish mum will make me something too. :)

Regards,
Cookie

Diana Chiew said...

Happy Birthday to you, Scottie! Your Mum is great baking you that cake. I can see that you are the happiest dog on earth!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday

Noah the Airedale said...

Aww you and Kenji look so cute with your piece of cake. Happy birthday Scottie. That cake is awesome matie.

Noah x

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy 3rd birthday, Scottie! Your mom looks pretty darn creative to us! Look how beautiful your cake is and how BIG your cake is! Can we come over and help you eat it?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

Hi Scottie. We go to school with PetnYou in YMCA, Brickfields.

Raising Addie said...

Yappy Barkday Scottie!

Yappy Barkday to you,
Yappy Barkday to you,
Yappy Barkday dear Scottie...
Yappy Barkday to YOU!

WOW that cake looks soooo very yummy!
How did you not eat all of it?

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

Thor and Jack said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Scottie!
You're a lucky dog! That cake looks pawesome!
Thor xoxo

Nancy at the Farm said...

Happy Birthday dear friend! We LOVE the cake your Mum made - she is incredibly talented! And the pictures are great too :)

Have a wonderful day,

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Fred said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great celebration! YUM

Unknown said...

Hey Scottie!isn't it grrrrt that we meet on ur bday?Wishing u a Pawsome Birthday.
may d new year bring lots of bones, toys and treats your way. Hope u find many faithful furiends and lots of squirrels to chase.

we Just love ur cake and think ur mummy has done a wonderul job!
wags, Buddy and Ginger

JD and Max said...

Hi Scottie - oh wow, we're licking the screen that cake looks so yummy! Happy barkday to you - sorry we're a bit late but we hope you had a great day! Well, having that cake to share with Kenji means it could only have been a good day we feel. Your mom is so clever to have made that for you, you lucky pup! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

White Dog Blog said...

Happy Barkday, my friend! Hope you had a day filled with lots of attention, pressies, treats (obviously), friends, and love. We wish you another 100 dog years of adventure and happiness. BTW your mom undersells herself, the cake is a masterpiece! Tell mom not to worry, the perfect job is out there just waiting for the right moment to spring out at her!

Lacy said...

w00fs, happy barkday Scottie, that cake looks yummmmyyyy....wish mama wood make me one..have many many more barkdays..

b safe,
~rocky~

Oskar said...

Happy, happy birthday to you! I hope this is your best year ever!

That cake looks amazing!

I posted some awards on my blog that I'd love for you to accept.

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Hi Scottie,

Happy Birthday! Luuuv your cake! It' so purty!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

Kari in Alaska said...

Happy Birthday! THats an amazing cake!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Happy Birthday, Scottie! Hope it was a great day.

Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday, Scottie!
I can see you had a great time celebrating your big day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ebi n' Emma said...

WroOf wrOOf !!

Happy Happy Barkday, Scottie!!

Wow. The cake looks yummy & definately it looks good enough! Wished we were there to share some of it though. BOL

You looked handsome with the cake lighted & a smile! =)

Love,
Ebi & Emma

Huskee and Hershey said...

Happy 3rd (and 21st) Barkday Scottie!!!! Hope you have a most wonderful time...

Wei Qian said...

Happy 3rd birthday Scottie!!! You must be so happy to reach the human legal age.

And your mummy really make such beautiful cake, i wish i was there to share the cake!

best regards
Vodka

erin said...

Happy birthday Scottie! That cake looks totally pawesome and terrierific! You're a lucky dog to have your mom who makes sure delicious stuff for you. We think that you earn it though by posing so nicely for pictures!
Woof,
Keeley & Teagan

White Dog Blog said...

Happy Earth Day, my friends!

Piappies World said...

Happy Happy 3rd Birthday!

We are so happy to have found your blog as you are celebrating your special barkday!

We hope we can also be friends and follow each other's blogs. We also love your bento boxes. Your mommy is so talented. Weeeee

- Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & the Piappies

Jaclyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Scottie!
Hope you had a blast!
We've been so busy with babysitting Koyuki, we hadnt the time to drop by and wish you!

So lucky that you have such a lovely birthday cake, if only our mummy was half the cook your Mom is!

Xoxo,
Fatty and Ally

Autumn and Jasmine the Maltese said...

Hello there Scottie!!
Happy Belated barkday to you!!


Hugs & kisses from me

Ann said...

Happy belayted birthday Scottie!!!!
The is one awesome cake! I got to see if I can find something like that for Bets's 1st birthday in May.

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!